Yankee Candle believes in giving back by helping those in need. Through volunteering, corporate and employee giving and product donations, our community support efforts are all about brightening lives. To this end, we focus on three areas that are important to the people of our organization:
- Cancer research
- The comfort of military families
- Supporting communities where our employees and customers live and work
We have selected partners who align with our purpose and believe in effecting change and transformation at the local level.
1. Local communities through the work of the United Way
2. Cancer research through the American Cancer Society
3. Comfort of our military families
4. Corporate campus community support
- Please note that western Massachusetts is the focus of Yankee Candle's charitable giving. This is where our corporate headquarters are located. The Company does not support organizations outside this geographic area except for the focus areas and National partnership programs already in place.
Yankee Candle makes both monetary and product donations. Before submitting a request, please be sure your cause meets the requirements provided below. Requests received by telephone, fax or mail will not be considered.
- All requests should be submitted to email@example.com
- All product donations are provided through our corporate offices; individual store locations cannot donate product directly
To be eligible for a contribution, organizations must:
- Align with Yankee Candles charitable giving purpose and focus areas as stated above
- Qualify as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be able to submit proof to be considered
- Follow all guidelines as outlined herein
No matter how worthy the effort or undertaking, Yankee Candle does not support:
- Individuals who participate in an athletic event on behalf of a charity
- Team sponsorship and/or travel expenses
- Student exchange or travel programs
- Private schools
- Program book and yearbook advertising
- Religious, political or fraternal organizations
- Beauty pageants or talent contests
- Capital campaigns and multi-year pledges
If your organization meets the above criteria and would like to apply for a monetary or product donation, please send a brief proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- An overview of the organization including a list of the organizations board of directors and officers
- Purpose and description of the project for which the donation will be used
- Description of the target population and estimated number of people served
- Date of event or timeframe in which the organization will use the donation
- Dollar amount or product(s) requested
- Proof of 501(c)(3) nonprofit status
Please send a copy of the most recent audited financial statements if the amount requested is $500 or more.
- All funding requests for 2015 must be submitted by September 30, 2014.
Decisions are made by November 30 and, if approved, the organization will be notified in writing in January 2015.
- Funding requests for 2014 will not be considered, as 2014 funding has been fully allocated.
- All product donation requests must be received at least 90 days prior to the event.
- Please note: We receive numerous requests every year and carefully review each. While we would like to contribute to all organizations, we are unable to do so.
- Due to the large number of requests, those that do not meet the guidelines will not receive a response.
Approved contributions to a project or program imply no further commitment on behalf of Yankee Candle unless specifically stated at the time the initial funding is granted. The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. reserves the right to make all final decisions and interpretations under these guidelines.
Nonprofit organizations to which Yankee Candle is unable to make a direct contribution may have the opportunity to raise funds by selling Yankee® candles. Yankee Candle Fund-Raising, a division of Yankee Candle, can respond to requests for the purpose of fund-raising. For more information, contact:
Yankee Candle Fund-Raising
P.O. Box 110
South Deerfield, MA 01373
Web site: yankeecandlefundraising.com
Back to previous page.